The ZIPcores Video Test Pattern Generator IP Core is capable of producing a range of test patterns in colour, greyscale and monochrome formats. The module is invaluable in the prototyping stages of digital video systems. In addition, the test pattern generator may be used to provide a blank background display as a ‘canvas’ for video overlays.
Key features are:
- Supports pass through of video signals in addition to generation of a wide variety of test patterns including:
- Full screen solid colors, color bars, tartan bars, temporal ramp, spatial ramp and zone plate with adjustable sweep and speed
- Overlaid on incoming image or on test pattern: crosshairs, moving box, addition of noise and insertion of stuck pixels
- Supports 8, 10, and 12-bits per color component input and output
- Supports spatial resolutions from 32×32 up to 7680×7680
- Supports 1080P60 in all supported device families
- Supports 4kx2k @ 24 Hz in supported high performance devices
The COTS version v1.2 is the baseline from which the DO-254 ZIPcores Video Test Pattern Generator 1.00a comes from. Logicircuit applies the DO-254 lifecycle to this COTS version. As a result of this DO-254 process, the source code will be modified with the goal of achieving 100% code coverage, and the resulting code will be named DO-254 ZIPcores Video Test Pattern Generator 1.00a. Below are links to the Xilinx® Product Data for the version that was used as the basis, and the Logicircuit Data Sheet of the resulting DO-254 product.
Link to the ZIPcores Product Guide:
Link to the Logicircuit Data Sheet:
DO-254 ZIPcores Video Test Pattern Generator 1.00a Data Sheet
Device Family Support