This core is a parameterizable core ideally suited for use in networking equipment such as switches and routers. The customizable TEMAC core enables system designers to implement a broad range of integrated Ethernet designs, from low cost 10/100 Ethernet to higher performance 1 Gigabit ports. This IP Core comprises the 10/100/1000 Mb/s, 1 Gb/s and 10/100 Mb/s Intellectual Property (IP) cores. This IP core exhibits support for MII, GMII, RGMII and connections to the Ethernet 1000BASE-X PCS/PMA or SGMII LogiCORE. The TEMAC IP core also has Optional Management Data Input/Output (MDIO) interface to manage objects in the physical layer. This core has been designed incorporating the applicable features described in IEEE Std. 802.3-2003.
Key features are:
- Configurable half-duplex and full-duplex operation
- Configured and monitored through an optional independent microprocessor-neutral interface
- Configurable flow control through MAC Control pause frames; symmetrically or asymmetrically enabled
- Optional MDIO interface to managed objects in PHY layers (MII Management)
- Optional clock enables to reduce clock resource usage
- Support of VLAN frames to specification IEEE 802.3-2005Optional address filter with a selectable number of address table entries
- Configurable support of jumbo frames of any length
- Configurable inter-frame gap adjustment
- Configurable in-band FCS field passing on both transmit and receive paths
The COTS version v8.3 is the baseline from which the DO-254 Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC (TEMAC) 1.00a comes from. Logicircuit applies the DO-254 lifecycle to this COTS version. As a result of this DO-254 process, the source code will be modified with the goal of achieving 100% code coverage, and the resulting code will be named DO-254 Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC (TEMAC) 1.00a. Below are links to the Xilinx® Product Guide for the version that was used as the basis, and the Logicircuit Data Sheet of the resulting DO-254 product.
Link to the Xilinx® Product Specification:
Link to the Logicircuit Data Sheet:
DO-254 Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC (TEMAC) 1.00a Data Sheet
Device Family Support