The LogiCORE™ IP AXI Interrupt Controller (AXI INTC) core concentrates multiple interrupt inputs from peripheral devices to a single interrupt output to the system processor. The registers used for checking, enabling, and acknowledging interrupts are accessed through a slave interface for the AMBA® protocol’s AXI (Advanced Micro controller Bus Architecture Advanced eXtensible Interface) specification. The number of interrupts and other aspects can be tailored to the target system. This AXI INTC core is designed to interface with the AXI4-Lite protocol.
Key features are:
- AXI interface is based on the AXI4-Lite specification
- Configurable number of (up to 32) interrupt inputs
- Single interrupt output
- Supports relocatable base address in MicroBlaze
- Easily cascaded to provide additional interrupt inputs
- Priority between interrupt requests is determined by vector position. The least significant bit (LSB, in this case bit 0) has the highest priority
- Interrupt Enable Register for selectively enabling individual interrupt inputs
- Master Enable Register for enabling interrupt request output
The COTS version v1.01a is the baseline from which the DO-254 AXI Interrupt Controller 1.00a comes from. Logicircuit applies the DO-254 lifecycle to this COTS version. As a result of this DO-254 process, the source code will be modified with the goal of achieving 100% code coverage, and the resulting code will be named DO-254 AXI Interrupt Controller 1.00a. Below are links to the Xilinx® Product Data for the version that was used as the basis, and the Logicircuit Data Sheet of the resulting DO-254 product.
Link to the Xilinx® Product Specification:
Link to the Logicircuit Data Sheet:
Device Family Support