The LogiCORE™ IP Controller Area Network (CAN) product specification defines the architecture and features of the Xilinx® CAN controller core.
Key features are:
- Conforms to the ISO 11898 -1, CAN 2.0A, and CAN 2.0B standards
- Supports Industrial (I) and Extended Temperature Range (Q) grade device support
- Supports both standard (11-bit identifier) and extended (29-bit identifier) frames
- Supports bit rates up to 1 Mbps
- Transmit message FIFO with a user-configurable depth of up to 64 messages
- Transmit prioritization through one High-Priority Transmit buffer
- Automatic re-transmission on errors or arbitration loss
The COTS version v1.03.a is the baseline from which the DO-254 AXI Controller Area Network (AXI CAN) 1.00a comes from. Logicircuit applies the DO-254 lifecycle to this COTS version. As a result of this DO-254 process, the source code will be modified with the goal of achieving 100% code coverage, and the resulting code will be named DO-254 AXI Controller Area Network (AXI CAN) 1.00a. Below are links to the Xilinx® Product Data for the version that was used as the basis, and the Logicircuit Data Sheet of the resulting DO-254 product.
Link to the Xilinx® Product Specification:
Link to the Logicircuit Data Sheet:
DO-254 AXI Controller Area Network (AXI CAN) 1.00a Data Sheet
Device Family Support